Till senaste kommentaren
Detta inlägg är gammalt och kan innehålla inaktuell information.

Do I need to apply for the complementary income insurance?

Dear Naturvetarna,

I am unemployed now. I have applied the unemployment benefit from Akademikernas a-kassa. They have already made the decision and I could get the unemployed benefit since May 20th. Could you tell me how can I apply the income insurance from Naturvetarna? Thanks for your help!

Best regards,


  • Hi Jun,

    Your eligibility to compensation from the complementary income insurance is determined when Akademikernas a-kassa has decided if you are entitled to compensation from the unemployment insurance fund (a-kassa). You will get the decision in writing.

    This is how it works: 
    1. When you register at The Public Employment Service (Arbetsförmedlingen), your unemployment fund (Akademikernas a-kassa) automatically gets information about your unemployment situation. 
    2. After a few days you get an application form from the complementary income insurance. If you for some reasons do not recieve the form you can find the form here.

    Qualifications for income insurance
    The income insurance is included in your membership of Naturvetarna. To be eligable for the income insurance you must meet the following requirements:
    • You have to be a member of Naturvetarna for at least 12 month prior to unemployment.
    • You must have been employed during at least 12 of the last 18 months prior to unemployment with a minimum of 80 working hours per month.
    • You must be a member of, and eligible for compensation from Akademikernas a-kassa.
    • The unemployment is involuntary or you meet the requirements of acceptable reason for resigning, according to Akademikernas a-kassa.

    Note that the income insurance is goverened by an organization separate from Naturvetarna. Find their contact information here www.inkomstforsakring.com/naturvetarna/english/

    Kind regards,
    (Uppdaterad )
Inlägget är stängt för ytterligare kommentarer.